New Amiga 3000, 4000 68k and PPC cpu card!
Gideon Zweijtzer and Rutger Bevaart have announced they are working to develop a new 68040 and PPC CPU card for the Amiga 3000(T) and Amiga 4000(T) computers. The board will be named “Ultimate PPC”. They already have a development board built!
It will feature the following specifications:
- 33MHz 68040 CPU
- 1.0GHz Freescale PowerPC CPU
- 128MB of DDR3 memory for the 68040
- An additional 2GB of DDR3 memory on an SO-DIMM
- USB2 host controller with integrated 4 port hub
- SATA2 controller with two SATA ports
- 10/100/1000 Ethernet controller
- Embedded 2D video with DVI connector
Further information, photos, and a FAQ is available on their website at http://ultimateppc.nl/index.php.
They hope to gain support of AmigaOS 4.1 Classic and MorphOS for their new hardware, but that will require support from Hyperion and the MorphOS teams respectively.
I would urge users interested in this card to contact Hyperion and/or the MorphOS team to let it be known that you would purchase an operating system license for the Ultimate PPC hardware.