Amiga: Prisma Megamix Music Card available on Amigakit.com
It’s finally here, the Prisma music card from AmigaKit! It has been in development for a long time now and many people have been waiting for it to become available for purchase. The card basically will make your old classic Amiga play MP3’s and other formats with ease.
Here’s the press release from AmigaKit themselves:
AmigaKit.com is pleased to announce stock and availability of A-EON Technology’s Prisma Megamix music card.
The Prisma is a new Zorro card expansion for big box Amiga’s and also the Amiga 1200 Towers with an available compatible clockport socket (desktop A1200 version coming soon).
Based on VS1063 chip, it can playback many music formats in full 16-bit 48Khz audio and additionally mix with the Amiga’s native Paula sound. When it is decoding and playing back a MPEGA audio file or various other formats, it frees up the Amiga to do other things. An MHI driver is supplied with the card for AmigaAmp and other various music playing software.
* Clockport and Zorro II interfaces (if operated in Zorro II slot, clockport can be used for compatible add-on cards)
* Compatible with Amiga A1200 T, A2000, A3000, A4000, A4000T.
* Based on VS1063 chip
* Playback of wide range of formats: MP2, MP3, WMA, OGG, LC-AAC, HE-AAC, FLAC, ALAC, IMA ADPCM, G.711 u-law, G.711 a-law, G.722, and WAV PCM formats
* Pass through port for Paula mixing. Paula mixing is automatically activated by hardware, no software interaction needed
* CDDA header
* MHI support for use with MHI compatible software such as AmigaAmp
* can be expanded by optional digital module (S/PDIF)
Direct Product Link: