Amiga: WHDLOpener – E-UAE / WHDLoad integration with MorphOS / Ambient
There is a lot of interesting stuff happening in ther world of MorphOS these days. Here’s news concerning a the WHDLOpener package taken from MorphZone:
WHDLOpener package integrates E-UAE/WHDLoad with MorphOS/Ambient. WHDLoad games can be started by running the slave file or just the game icon. ADF images can be run in E-UAE, mounted in MorphOS and emulated AmigaOS.
- You need to have AmigaOS 3.1 Workbench3.1 disk (or image), A1200 Kickstart 3.1 and A500 1.3 ROM images. SDK is recommended, though you can get away with some commands in C:.
- WHDLOpener is configured to run E-UAE on a lores 24Bit 320×256 screen. Make sure your screenmodes are set up. If your monitor does not support 320×256, edit A1200_WHDLoad.conf, replace 320×256 with 640×512, set “gfx_linemode=double” and “gfx_lores=no”.
- Context menu for slave file has additional entry to run E-UAE in the windowed mode. It can be changed in the MIME settings for x-amigaos-whdload.
- Only first E-UAE instance has UAE ARexx port.
- Starting multiple games at the same time will not work.
- Paths/Volumes need to be the same both on MorphOS and emulated AmigaOS. If you add or rename a volume in your system and want to run WHDLoad games from it – don’t forget to add this volume in the E-UAE config.
- E-UAE can be quit by CTRL ALT Q. For more information regarding E-UAE or other WHDLOpener external component refer to original documentation.
- Custom tooltypes are not supported.
- Installation can be made offline if these packages are in the main directory:
E-UAE_1.0.0-JIT.lha.xz + rmh.lha + skick346.lha + WHDLoad_usr_small.lha