This is getting annoying, but I do have had some success, just this very minute. Even though it doesn't work.
I eventually got some work done this week, but still not quite there. The problems regarding the reported file size was easily fixed, once I saw the error. It was a rather embarassing error. Apparantely the Java type "long" was defined as a 32 bit value, where Java wants a 64 bit type. Easily fixed, and kind of in the areas of what I thought was wrong. Following that fix, my current problem arise around opening file through the Java URL class, i.e. on the "file://SYS:s/startup-sequence"-form. I had the feeling this would come and bite me, sooner or later.
The deadline for the bounty is closing in on me. Sadly I won't have much time to work on it this week... so my fear is that the deadline will be delayed. Hopefully only a few days though.
My recent progress has surfaced a few specific issues I have to deal with prior releasing a beta version.
This latest release sees lots of a new ARexx commands added for to Assist's ARexx port and a fresh layout for Preferences.
Today I also wanted to take a look at a recently released game called Giga Lo Mania, based on the classic Mega Lo Mania. It is ported to AmigaOS4 by Kas1e.
Today I decided to take a look at an utility which I have overlooked since getting my X1000, because I had no idea what it is was - the utility is called Ranger.